At ROI, accurate website performance data drives all marketing decisions for our clients.
On the 30th June, 2023, your old Google Analytics reporting (otherwise known as Universal Analytics) will be turned off.
What is happening?
- Google is turning off Universal Analytics as the reporting platform is 10+ years old.
- Google new website reporting is called Google Analytics 4 (GA4)
Google Analytics 4 is VERY DIFFERENT in the following ways:
- Data collection
- Performance Metrics & Reporting
- User Behaviour tracking
- Privacy Standards
GA4 reporting is designed to support reporting from smart phones, apps, landing pages, video’s and all the new ways we use the Internet and devices.
Below are 2 examples of the new GA 4 Interface:
As you can see from the 2 screenshots above the GA4 reporting interface is very different, particularly when Google automatically migrates your old website reporting data.
DON’T Let Google Auto Migrate your Analytics Data:
Google is rolling out an automatic data migration to their new Google Analytics 4 platform.
The one size fit all approach, creates many issues when it comes to how your data is being interpreted.
A good example from the above screenshot with 31K events, based on 2.5K users?
What do you need to do?
- You need to ensure your GA4 Reporting is set up accurately, so you avoid the headaches of incorrect data.
- If you have already accepted the auto migration, don’t worry as you can roll back this function
- You need to act now to give yourself adequate time before 30th June, 2023 to set up accurate conversion tracking and have enough time to troubleshoot issues without your business being interrupted or affected.
- If you believe accurate website reporting data is important to your business, engage a dedicated professional to handle the GA4 transition for you.
Want some help with GA4 and your website reporting?
The team at ROI is available to assist your business where we can add value.
If you need some assistance, please enquire below at https://www.roi.com.au/ga4/
Ewan Watt & The ROI Team