Google now has their own ChatGPT – 12th May 2023
Welcome to the second edition of Marketing Realities & Home Truths.
The rise of Chat GPT and other Chat AI Models is real and will play a big part in our future, particularly when it comes to our marketing.
As a business owner and marketer, you don’t want to have the same fate as “Taxi Drivers” and say I did not see this coming.
Today I provide the latest Facts to consider, plus a summary of what parts of your marketing need to be reviewed, and those areas which will provide better returns in 2023.
The rise of Chat GPT
Check out the massive rise in Google Search for the keyword “Chat GPT” over the past 4 months in Australia.
How is the rise of Chat GPT impacting Google Search?
The data is unclear, but some downward trends are starting to appear in how Australians are using Google.
Latest Marketing Stats & Facts to Know
- Microsoft Bing has Chat AI as part of their search experience – https://www.bing.com/?cc=au
- Microsoft announced advertising solutions for their Chat solutions this week in the USA.
- 63% of Google’s searchers in the USA are from Mobile Devices
- Bing’s Market Share in Australia is still only 3.53% in April 2023
- Google’s market share is 94% in Australia in April 2023
- Google’s competitive offering to Chat GPT called “Bard” was launched in Australia yesterday.
Google’s Alternative to Chat GPT (Launched Yesterday)
Check it out today
(You need a gmail account to access)
What do these big changes mean for your marketing?
Chat GPT and other AI applications represent the biggest change to how we access and gather information in 20 years. This is why Google has rushed the launch of their own Chat AI solution, “Bard”.
What parts of marketing will have diminishing returns?
- Low-value and generic keyword content blogging on Google will be replaced by better answers from Chat AI models. Your SEO strategy and investment should be reviewed.
- The cost of Google Ads campaigns will increase with more companies advertising in the same areas.
- The response rate from most creative advertising, visuals, and videos will go down as more companies will mass produce content using AI applications.
What marketing will generate better returns the next 12 months
- The value of building your customer database and improving your communications will be more important than ever before, plus provide the best returns.
- Personalised and segmented marketing using many of the features available in GA4 will be essential to stand out from the crowd.
- The value of 1 on 1 sale and customer service at the right time will prove more valuable as customers become more skeptical as to what is real and what is automated?
Agree or disagree? I would love to hear your thoughts.
PS:- This was written by a human.